OMG, it's starting to look like a kitchen.
A shot of the kitchen after the windows were installed and the drywall got it's first coat of mud.

These two pictures are after the kitchen was textured, and got two coats of (very) bold paint. This was Debra's idea (the designer), but it's growing on me ;-). The yellow area will fill in the space between some cabinets that will be floating on that wall (with no rear panel between them).


An outside view of two new JeldWen Windows. Wood frame, no lead weights. Modern window technology (as opposed to the rest of the house, with 70 year old hand made windows).

Debra Martin, of Debra Martin Designs, holding the color choices for the dining and living rooms. Debra picks the colors, I nod as though I know what I'm talking about. In a nutshell, Debra gets two votes, I get one ;-).

A view of the living room and dining room. The black splotch in the front is caused by the shadow of the lens (I was using the built in flash. Notice the newly refinished floors (which pretty much look stunning).

Scott and Glenn from Phoenix Contractors. Glenn was the "Sparky" on this job. Scott deserves a medal for his abilily to cordially answer the phone even on the eighth or ninth call of the day (I can never seem to remember all of my questions in the midst of a single phone call).

I stitched this view of some of the installed cabinets. The white at the top and bottom of the frame is an artifact of the stitched photos.

2 Comments:
Love the paint colors! And the floors look fab-u-lous! Your house is going to be a real showplace. -Jenny
I am so envious, but you deserve every bit of that beautiful kitchen and the floors are as you say stunning!!! Makes me want to tap all over them! :-)
Your designer has chosen colors well, let her know your big sister approves. Can't wait to see the finished product...margi
Post a Comment
<< Home